Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Project...

I love putting cute bows in Avery's hair and now I know how to make them. A lady in my ward makes them for her daughter and was willing to show me how to do it. It is pretty hard if you don't know how to tie a ribbon or bow, but it was fun to learn. I made 2 of all of these one set for Avery and the other for a friend of mine who is having a little girl in a few weeks and is having a hard time getting into "girly" mode because she only has boys. So I hope these bows for her help her start thinking "girly"!! I know I don't have a hard time. Part of what is so fun about making these bows is picking the ribbons. It's so fun to put 2 and 3 of them together. I still need to make a blue one that is about the only color I left out.

I also made this cute binkie clip at another of my neighbors/friends house. I have some super crafty friends!! She has made 2 for Avery so I went over to her house and put this one together for my friend. They are super cute and fun for little girls and boys. Everybody needs a little bling even babies!!
It was picture day at the Jones home on Sunday before church. Avery was being such a ham for the camera and I thought I would show off one of the bows I had made. I can't believe Avery is already 6 months old, she is getting sooooo big!!! I miss my tiny baby!!

So here is the new do. It's not a great shot, but I love the cut and color. My cousin always does such a fabulous job!! She is about the only one I let touch my hair, I still haven't found anyone in Idaho that does it just like she does, so just about every trip to Utah I get my hair done. This last time I waited 4 months to get my hair done, but when you find someone you love it's hard to go anywhere else!! Thanks Buffie your the best!!

5 comments:

Rachael said...

Avery had grown loads! What a darling picture.
I should be more Girly with Izzy, but I get lazy and am just happy they are dressed. :) I should have had you make me a set.

Let me know the next time you come down- then we can meet up for lunch or have dinner.

Anonymous said...

Wow I am super impressed with your Martha Stewart skills Melissa! Those bows and binki holders are darling, I know who to go talk to when I have a girl...anyways I love your new haircut, it looks super cute!

Lynell said...

Oh my gosh!! You all grown up and a MOM!!! Yippie! It is so exciting to read about you and your cute family. Thank you for stopping by my blog. You made my day. What a fun little trip down memory lane.

So how is your mom doing? We don't hear much from all of our old roy friends. Except remember Stacie Olsen? She is in my ward here in Syracuse. Funny Huh?

Well I'll be back. Have a happy day! Ü

Lynell said...

By the way I love the cute bows and binky clippy things. Aren't girls fun!!!!

Brooke said...

Hey girlie! I tagged you! All the details are on my blog.