Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, August 8, 2008

ROBBED!!!

So this morning at 7:30 AM Kyle gets a phone call. I thought it was his boss calling, but it happened to be some random nice neighbor from down the street. Kyle came out of the bathroom after the phone call and said "I think my car got broke into last night!!" I proceeded to say, what in the...??? We always park our cars in the garage, but as we opened the house door that leads to the garage Kyle realized that after our nephew came to mow our lawn last night he forgot to pull his truck back in the garage and left the garage door open ALL NIGHT!! Our kind neighbor had found what we thought was just the belongings of Kyles wallet thrown on his lawn, turns out there was stuff from my car all over his lawn too. We walked out and looked in the window of his truck and sure enough the middle comparent was wide open and his wallet was missing. He searched around some more and couldn't see anything else gone, not even his IPOD. Then we realized my car was unlocked too, because I never lock it in my garage because it's usually always closed. Sure enough my middle compartment was wide open too and my IPOD was missing along with my Chanel sunglasses case (I lost the real sunglasses a few months ago) and my $5 Walmart sunglasses. I didn't realize it until after my neighbor brought over everything that he found but I also had a baby outfit I was going to return to Old Navy in there too they initially took. I guess the thief(s) decided they didn't want the stuff after all, because all they ended up with were Kyles drivers license and my IPOD. When we called the police to report it we found out another neighbor had there car broke into last night too. We are guessing it was just some stupid kids looking for cash, because none of his credit cards were missing although we canceled them just in case they wrote the numbers down. I'm just glad we remembered to lock our house door to the garage because really it could have been much worse. It's also really good Kyle had one of his business cards in his wallet because since his license was missing our neigbor wouldn't have known how to get that stuff back to us. What a good samaritan, he even took pictures of the stuff all over his lawn in case the police needed it. There are not many people in the world today that would go to all that trouble to return a few things, but we are so incredibly grateful to him!!! THANK YOU!!!

No comments: