Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day Honey...

About My Man...
My husband loves to hear stories about himself so in honor of his upcoming birthday (February 16th) and Valentines Day I thought I would share some fun facts about him and our wonderful life together.

What is his name? Kyle Larell Jones

How long have you been married? 5 years 1 month

Who long did you date? Dated 6 months, engaged 4 of those (you do the math, we didn't waste any time when we knew that it was forever)

How old is he? Almost 31

Who eats more sweets? No questions asked definitely me. Kyle doesn't even like chocolate, which if you knew his mother you would think this is so strange. His mom is a self proclaimed choc-o-holic. He does like gummi bears though, but they have to be a certain brand and he likes the hard to chew ones.

Who said I love you first? We both said it at the same time. He was taking me to Idaho for the first time and we started talking about our future and as I recall we both said "We were falling in love with each other." Kyle said I said it first, but I don't remember it that way.

Who is taller? Kyle is by maybe a half inch, although according to his drivers license it's by much more. (I lie about my weight on mine, so he can lie about his heigth.)

Who can sing better? It's a toss up, we both have very little muscial talent.

Who is smarter? Definitely Kyle. You could give him an equation to add, subtract, multiply, or divide and he could do it in his head in a matter of seconds, I would still be using my fingers ten minutes later. I guess I would have him beat when it comes to pop culture, but thats about it.

Who does the laundry? Me, but I guess thats my domestic duty. I don't iron though, which I probably should since he has to wear a shirt and tie to work each day.

Who pays the bills? He does it all, I just rack up the bills.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does, does that mean anything?

Who mows the lawn? Neither one of us, we pay our nephews to.

Who cooks dinner? I do occasionally, but I have to admit we eat out a lot.

Who drives? He always does, which I quite enjoy. Although sometimes he scares the crap out of me when he does.

Who is more stubborn? I think it's a tie, we are both pretty stubborn.

Who kissed who first? I kissed him first. It was our 3rd date and he walked me to the door of my apartment and he was just so shy that I thought he never would, so I went in for the kill.

Who asked who out first? He asked me out after his best friend Peter and my next door neighbor introduced us to each other. Although I will admit I had seen him around my apartment complex and had my eye on him.

Who proposed? He did and I was so surprised. We had been talking about it and looking at rings but I had no idea when he was going to do it. He picked me up at my apartment after a day at work and told me he needed to run something over to his bishops house and I really didn't want to go because I had just got off work and was so tired. So we were driving around Logan and I had no idea where we were going and then we stopped at a house right by the park and he kept insisting I get out of the car and come with him. Thats when I noticed he had a blanket layed out on the grass with a dozen roses and homemade ice cream (his specialty) waiting for us. He got down on one knee and even took off his hat to propose, it was such a special night I will never forget.

Who has more siblings? He does but only by one.

Who wears the pants? We both wear the pants in this family, but I'm sure I'll be the disciplinarian when it comes to our daughter.

So here's to you Kyle, my kind and loving husband. Thanks for putting up with all my mood swings through out this pregnancy (heaven only knows how many there have been) and being the wonderful man you are. I truly couldn't have asked for more!!

No comments: