Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 24, 2008

D-Day and STILL PREGNANT!!



That's right as you can see I am still pregnant. Today was suppose to be the big day, the day I have been waiting for all my life (or at least the last 9 months)...and nothin'. What's the deal here even I'm not that stubborn. I had another appointment on Wednesday and the doctor said I'm still not dilated or effaced at all. I asked him if he would start me the next Monday (tomorrow) and he said because I haven't progressed on my own at all, he is afraid I would end up with a C-section, so in other words hang in there cuz I'm not starting you yet. I'm not really sure how much longer I can hang in there, my bladder is getting weaker and weaker and my patience growing smaller and smaller. The only hope I got from my doctors appointment was that when he sees me again this Wednesday and I have still failed to progress, he would start me on some gel that would help "ripen" me. I guess that means thin my cervix, but why couldn't he have just said that. He also said there were a few other things he could try, but if all else fails, he would definetly start me on March 3rd, but I'm going to try and talk him into delivering a leap year baby. So the new goal is to deliver a beautiful 7-8 pound baby girl by Friday...stay tuned for the latest.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

That is the cutest preggo belly! Hang in there. The doctors started me with Ethan and I wouldn't progress, so they ended up doing a C-sections. Then of course I had to have one with Xander. Our kids are gonna have close birthday's though - Ethan's is Feb. 28 and Xander's is March 3rd. Good luck and keep me updated!

Anonymous said...

You poor thing. The last few weeks of pregnancy are so rough so hang in there it'll all be worth it!!

Anonymous said...

I totally feel your pain!! but its all gonna be worth it I promise!!! Whats the status now? Have you gone in?