Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 7, 2008

Avery's 4 month Appointment

Avery's 4 month well child exam was today. I can't believe how big she is getting, time sure does fly. She now weighs 14 lbs. 14 oz. which is the 72% for her age, 23 & 3/4 in. long which is the 17% for her age, and 70% for her head size. She is still short and chubby, but the doctor said she has thinned out quite a bit since her last check-up. She is growing like a weed and I want her to slow down a bit, because it seems just like yesterday she was still inside of me. It's crazy how fast time flys when your having fun!!
Now that Avery is 4 months old we started her on rice/oatmeal cereal (she prefers oatmeal) and its the funniest thing to watch her eat, because she makes the funniest faces. I think more of the cereal gets on her then in her, but its fun to be able to feed her some solids now. She is still eating about 4-6 ounces of formula every 3-4 hours, and NOT sleeping through the night yet. As soon as we are done traveling and am at a place where I can let her cry it out I am going to, because I can't remember the last time I slept 8 hours straight and am looking forward to enjoying it again some day.
Along with her appointment came more immunizations, but I gave her Tylenol 3o minutes before her appointment and am giving it to her every 4 hours for the next day to help with the fever and pain. I hope she doesn't get to cranky, because that will make our McCall trip awful, but she wasn't to bad the last time she had shots, so heres hoping for the best!!

Avery's 1st time eating rice cereal. I'm not sure if she likes it or not, but it was fun to watch her make funny faces with each bite.


See most of it gets on her not in her!! I learned from this point on to feed her only in her diaper and no clothes, it helps when laundry day rolls around!!

She was done with the cereal by this point. There is no feeding her if she is this angry, she needs her food fast and that translates to "GIVE ME A BOTTLE NOW!!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These have to be the cutest pictures I have ever seen! She is getting so big, I just want to give her big loves!

Becky Jorgensen said...

She's getting so big!! I love her face with the rice! I can't believe she's 4 months already, it feels like you just had her!!

Katie said...

Oh, she is so cute! I love her little cheeks. I think it's so fun to feed little ones "real" food. What a cutie!

Brookie said...

Shots are the worst! I had to take Urban for his two month shots last week and it is so sad. I hate to hear them cry:( I had all 3 kids with me, so I had my hands full to say the least:)haha
Avery is sooo cute melissa! I want to kiss those cute little cheeks! when you are back from mccall lets do lunch:)