Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Gallbladder/ Avery Update

Avery loves her new tummy time mat. A builder of Kyle's gave it to her and she has so much fun playing on it. It is suppose to be a surfboard and she loves to look at the fish in it and kick her feet and coo. I love to hear her little voice, she is just so happy and fun to play with.


Avery is getting so big, literally. I weighed her the other day and she was 10 lbs. 5 ozs. at 5 weeks old. I can't believe how big she is getting. She is now completely on formula, because the anesthesia dried up my milk. I'm happy to have my body back, but I was sad to not be able to provide nourishment for my daughter anymore. It's amazing how guilty you feel when you can't nurse your baby, it almost feels like your a failure. But I guess I had good reason, I had to have that surgery.

Avery loves to kick and stretch as you can see. She is getting so fun with her facial expressions and her alertness. She seems like a completely different baby now. I'm working on getting her on a schedule so I can get more done during the day and maybe she'll start sleeping through the night. Boy I can't wait for the day when she is sleeping through the night.


Isn't this a lovely picture...I took it because I want Avery to know everything I went through for her. I 'll use this picture to make her feel guilty sometime down the road when I need to teach her a lesson. It just may come in handy some day. My surgery went fine just over a week ago, but as you can see from the picture they had to leave a drain in (it's not urine, it's bile). I had 2 stones left in the duct that was connected to my gallbladder that still needed to pass. There is a 50% chance they pass on there own and if not you have to have another procedure. X-Rays showed on Thursday that mine indeed passed on there own, so no more procedures, YAHOO!!! I get the drain out on Tuesday, but the doctor told me it hurts when it comes out, so I'm not really looking forward to it that much, although it will be nice to not have a tube hanging out of my chest anymore.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad surgery went ok. Avery is getting so big, holy cow! It's only been a couple weeks since you posted pics and I can see a big difference in her. She a doll!

Brooke said...

I cannot believe how big Avery is getting! What a beauty! I hope you are feeling better. I cannot believe how much you have had to go through. Your amazing!