Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, May 23, 2008

Avery + Kian = True Love Always, at least until there 2

Last week Avery and I spent a few days in Utah. My dad had to go to Oklahoma for work and my mom didn't want to be home alone (I don't blame her, I don't like it when Kyle has to go to Washington for work either and I'm home alone) so I went and stayed with her for a few days. I didn't get to visit many people when we were there because the trip was so short, but Avery did get to see her future boyfriend again. Kian is my best friend Chantals son. I think I mentioned this before, but Kian and Avery were born on the same day, February 27, 2008, but Kian was 5 weeks early and Avery was 3 days late. That is why there is such a huge difference in their size. Avery is at least 3 pounds heavier than him, but one day he will be bigger then her (at least we hope). It is so fun to see them each time we are there and compare the 2 to each other. They both love to stare at the ceiling fan and kick and squirm and smile at it. It is the funniest thing in the world to think how entertaining a ceiling fan can be, but I'll take it because I just lay her on my bed under the fan in the morning so I can get ready and she loves it.
Avery looks like she is so much older then Kian when they are side by side. I can't believe they are already 12 weeks old. It's crazy how fast time flies!!


Here is a picture of Avery and her dad I thought I would throw in. Kyle had been asking for a hammock for over a year and finally got it for his birthday in February. We waited until the weather got better to put it together and he just had to try it out with Avery. Look at those cheeks on Kyle, Avery was destined to get them. Although Kyle has dimples in both his cheeks and so far Avery doesn't have any. I hope she gets them, but you would probably be able to see them now if she had them when she smiles. I'm still holding out hope though!! I have the cutest little family in the world, I am soooo lucky!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't they a cute couple? We can't wait to see you again! :0)

Chantal

Brooke said...

Too cute! Do you just spend all your time kissing those cheeks? I know I would! And I love her little pink outfit in the last pic:)

Anonymous said...

Cute kids! Avery is getting sooo big!