Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 19, 2008

Avery's Blessing and Mothers Day

Avery was blessed on Saturday May 10, 2008 here in Boise. We decided to do it on a Saturday so my family would all be able to attend and leave at a decent hour on Sunday since our church isn't until 1:00. The blessing went very well (although my parents hit a deer driving here) and Kyle did an amazing job!!! Kyle and I were both in tears as he was giving the blessing. Avery has turned her dad nto a softy!! We have such an amazing daughter and we're happy most of our family members were able to be there to share in this special occassion. Here is Avery and Kyle before the blessing. I am so grateful to have the priesthood in our home and all the blessings it brings to us and our little family. As you can see she was not very happy in that big dress. All she wanted to was fall asleep and that she did FINALLY as you can see in the next picture. But then woke up again as Kyle was picking her up to start the blessing, but as soon as he started giving the blessing she stopped crying. It was amazing, she must know and trust in her fathers voice and it soothed her during the blessing.
Finally asleep, if only for a few moments!!

We had picture time after the blessing. She looked beautiful in her white dress, all clean and pure. It was truly such a special day and it just made me all the more grateful that we have the gospel in our lives and that our family can be together forever.
I love planting flowers, it's my favorite time of spring. So I thought I would take some pictures of the pots I did in front of my house. They turned out really good!! I have to say my 1st mothers day was FABULOUS!! Kyle and Avery gave me an ipod (yes I know I must be the last person on Earth to get one) and Avery gave me the best gift of all, she slept through the night that night. She must have known it was mothers day and that I was worn out from the days activities. She hasn't done it since, but it sure was nice. Hands down best gift ever!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She looks dArLiNg!! I am glad that everything went well!

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I love your flowers. They make your house look so pretty!

Chantal