Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Half a Year Old with an Ear Infection


Yesterday my baby girl turned 6 months old!! WOW I can't believe how the time flies when your having so much fun!! I absolutely love being a mom it is the best job in the world!! Avery has been pulling at her ears for a couple of weeks now and hasn't been eating very good over the past week so I finally decided to take her to the doctors and sure enough she has an ear infection in the right ear. I guess there is a lot of fluid in her right ear and it was bright red, so the doctor put her on an antibiotic and an ear drop. I think it is working because she finally slept through the night last night like she had been before and has been taking good naps in the afternoon, which she never does!! Does anyone know how to get your baby to take a good nap? Avery takes several cat naps (30-45 minutes) throughout the day and it would be nice if she would take 2 long naps throughout the day, I'm just not sure how to get her to do this? Any suggestions??

2 comments:

Amanda Fullerton said...

I can't believe Avery is six months old already! Happy 1/2 Birthday, sweetie! :) I hope she feels better and got over her ear infection quickly. I have no advice for the napping thing. Ryan did great with napping a couple times a day for long periods.. Cayden catnaps. lol.

ps. i tagged you in my blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man ear infections are no fun poor thing!! I hope she starts feeling better soon and starts napping again!