Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Sick Again!!!

Avery is sick again. On Saturday afternoon I noticed she started getting a really bad runny nose and was sneezing a ton. So that night I took her temperature and she had a tiny fever of 99.9. I gave her some Tylenol that night and put her to bed. Well she didn't sleep much that night because she was so congested and couldn't breathe and would snore and wake herself up. So the next day she was pretty onery (we only made it through sacrament at church before I gave up and came home) and tired so I went to the store and bought a humidifer and saline drops to help her breathe better. I think it was helping and she didn't seem warm to me so I was sure her fever had broke. She slept really well on Sunday night and seemed to be doing much better except for her runny nose, so I called the doctor and they told me to keep doing what I was doing and bring her in if she got a fever again or if she didn't get better after 7 days. Well last night she got a fever of 100.9 and would not eat much. I felt like I had to force her to eat, the only time she would finish a bottle (4 oz.) was her middle of the night and early morning feeding. So here we are Tuesday, still onery, won't eat and a fever of 100.1. I didn't figure out she had a fever again until 4:00, so needless to say we will be going to the doctor tomorrow. Hopefully it's just a ear infection or something. Avery and I have terrible luck!! If it's not me at the doctor it's her. I guess things could be a lot worse, but I think our doctor is getting to know us (our checkbook) very well.

6 comments:

Amanda Fullerton said...

Aww. Poor little Avery. I hate it when little ones get sick. I hope she starts feeling better soon.

Monica said...

Of course I remember you...how are you? Your little girl is beautiful! I hate it when they get sick. It breaks your heart to see them like that. My little boy is doing much better but only after spending $50/week on the Nutramigen. He sleeps through the night from 10:30 to 7 and it just happened. I don't think there's any particular thing you do, it just happens when they're ready. Sloane was not like that. She didn't sleep that much straight thought until she was more like 7 or 8 months so I think each one is different.

Becky Jorgensen said...

That sucks she's sick again. Its so hard when their so young, cause theres really nothing you can do, I hate it!! and it always seems that when one person is sick another one will be after, its a vicious cycle I swear. I hope she gets better for both of you!!

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Holy COW!!! Melissa how are you? I am so good. We are living in Rexburg Idaho, so that is a very long ways away from you. I have never been to the Boise side before!
I am so glad you found me, that is so awesome! I am sorry to hear your baby is sick :( I hope she gets feeling better!! Thanks for saying HI!! Keep in touch ok??

Katie said...

Hi Melissa. I'm so glad you said hello! It has been a long time. My sister actually lives in Boise. Her husband is a city prosecutor, so be sure not to get any speeding tickets!! Your family is darling. I'm sure you're very busy with your new little one. Good to hear from you : )

Katie said...

P.s. I had to laugh!! My last name is actually Kammeyer, Blogmeyer is my blog title page. (you're not the only one who's thought that :)