Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 22, 2008

McCall Here We Come...

So usually around the end of June, the month of July, and a little of August I disappear to McCall Idaho. McCall is a quaint little tourist town located in the mountains of Idaho. It's about a 2 hour drive from Boise and it's our summer retreat although we do go there in the winter too, just not as much. Kyle's family has a condo on the lake (Payette Lake) where we stay and play all summer. We have a boat and jet ski to play on and just hang out and relax. My sister in-law Connie and her 3 kids come and play and try to escape from the heat in Las Vegas. The only bad thing is that the water in Payette Lake is always soooo cold. I think the warmest the lake has ever gotten since the 5 years I've been going there is 77 degrees and it will be even colder this year because we got so much snow. 2 weeks ago when my sister in-law Lindsay and her husband Matt put the boat and jet ski in the lake the water was only 47 degrees. COLD!!! Good thing we have a wet suit or I wouldn't be water skiing and I am so excited to be able to water ski and play on the tube this year because I couldn't last summer because I had just found out I was pregnant. This will be Avery's 1st trip to McCall (at least outside the womb) and although she won't be doing much I know she will have fun!! She gets to play with her cousins, aunts and uncles, grandma and grandpa, and wear that cute new bathing suit I got her. I guess she can go in the pool with me just not the lake. We (Avery and I) leave tomorrow and won't be back until July 5th and are home for a few days to go to a baptism and then back to McCall on the 7th and I'm not exactly sure when I will be back, we'll just play it by ear and see how Avery does up there. I will not have my laptop with me until Kyle comes up on the weekend, so I will miss blogging with all of you, but I can't wait to take Avery to our getaway!! Have a nice week!!

1 comment:

Adam & Leesha Wickern said...

Hey Melissa, I noticed that you had Brooke on your blog. I havent talked to her since High School and I doubt she even knows I have a blog. Will you send her a message and tell her I want to talk to her and see how she is doing? If you would...send her my way. Thanks a bunch...